Blaming God for all of the evils in this world is like blaming the sun for all of the darkness!
During my radio show this week, I was talking about how “blaming God for all of the evils in this world is like blaming the sun for darkness.” In other words, God is blamed for the evils in this world rather than the good He gave, and still gives, through Jesus Christ (John 3:16) and that He continues to give through His mercy on a daily basis (Psalm 103).
A modern parable
There is a story told of a man in a London airport who decided to purchase some English butter cookies. He opened the small tin, took one out, then placed the tin at his feet. After waiting for his flight for some time, a middle-aged woman smiled politely and sat next to him. To his astonishment, without a word of permission she reached down, took a cookie out of the tin and ate it.
He couldn’t believe what the complete stranger had just done!
Suspecting that it may be a local custom, he smiled awkwardly and took a second cookie himself. She then took a third.
Then she took the very last cookie, looked at him, broke it in half and offered it to him. The audacity of the woman! Different words such as impudent, rude, brazen and presumptuous flashed through his mind.
As he was about to express his thoughts, he bent down and saw that his identical tin of cookies was still at his feet. In an instant, he realized that he had been the brazen, rude and impudent person. He had been eating the cookies of a complete stranger! He also realized how her response to his actions had, in truth, been very gracious.
When you look a little deeper at the plight that man has put himself in, you will find that it is man and sin man chooses to commit which are responsible for the evil in this world (James 1:12), not God.
Disobedience to God is the real root of evil
Man not following the rule of God’s government is the very reason evil exists in this world! It always has been and always will be.
There are so many wars within and without that could simply be prevented if man would subject himself to the meek King of Glory, and yet, because he rebels, war continues, and man has the audacity to blame God.
Let’s go through the Ten Commandments to see the reason for the evils in this world!
- Thou shalt have no other gods before Me! Do you serve other gods?
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image! Do you serve a god that overlooks lying, stealing, adultery, etc.?
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain. Do you practice what you preach?
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Do you honor God by giving your heart to Him and your hand to man?
- Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee. Do you hold your parents in high esteem?
- Thou shalt not kill. Are you angry with your brother without a cause (Matthew 5)?
- Thou shalt not commit adultery. Have you looked upon a man or a woman to lust after them (Matthew 5)?
- Thou shalt not steal. Have you stolen something of great or small value?
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Have you told a lie before?
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s. Have you lusted after something that does not belong to you (Exodus 20)?
Remember what Noah Webster said:
All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible.
Friends, have you despised or neglected God’s Holy Laws and precepts contained in the Bible? Therein lies the evil that prevails. (Romans 7:14-25)
And before blaming a merciful God for the darkness that man is responsible for, we might want to take a step back and realize that it was God the Father that gave His only begotten Son to die on the cross for man’s violation toward God’s Holy Law (John 3:16), in order to establish The Light!
Bradlee Dean is an ordained Christian preacher, Radio show host for the #1 show on Genesis Communication Network from 2-3 p.m. central standard (The Sons of Liberty), a National Tea Party favorite. He also speaks on high school and college campuses nationwide. Bradlee is also an author, a husband to one, daddy to four boys. You have probably seen Bradlee through such outlets as The New York Times, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, The Weekly Standard etc.
CATEGORY:Ignite the Pulpit
- Christianity Today
- Constitution 101
- Creation Corner
- Entertainment Today
- First Amendment
- Foundation of our Nation
- Guest Columns
- Human Interest
- Ignite the Pulpit
- Let's Talk
- Money matters
- Racial Issues
- Tea Party
- Trump elevator pitch
- World news
Let's Talk4 days ago
Hillary feared poisoning!
Executive3 days ago
Six GOP-led states sue to block Biden administration’s student loan debt forgiveness plan
Entertainment Today2 days ago
Little Demon trivializes evil
Legislative5 days ago
AOC, make up your mind!
Legislative5 days ago
Nope, You Cannot Make This Up: Rand Paul Highlights Inflation While Asking His Constituents For Support In Putting A Stop To Inflation!
Let's Talk23 hours ago
Herschel Walker October surprised
News3 days ago
Chinese state media accuses NSA of infiltrating their telecommunication networks
Executive4 days ago
More babies are dying. When will this stop?