Media
Elon Musk says those banned from Twitter won’t be allowed back on for a ‘few more weeks’
On Wednesday, Elon Musk confirmed that “Twitter will not allow anyone who was de-platformed for violating Twitter rules back on platform until we have a clear process for doing so, which will take at least a few more weeks.”
The billionaire Twitter owner had previously said he would start a “content moderation council,” and that no significant decisions would be made until it was setup.
Musk added that his new council “will include representatives with widely divergent views, which will certainly include the civil rights community and groups who face hate-fueled violence.”
Musk said on Wednesday he had met up with some representatives from the Anti-Defamation League, the NAACP, Color of Change, the Asian American Foundation and several other groups in order to discuss “how Twitter will continue to combat hate & harassment & enforce its election integrity policies.”
On Tuesday, Twitter head of safety and integrity Yoel Roth said that Twitter has been “focused on addressing the surge in hateful conduct on Twitter. We’ve made measurable progress, removing more than 1500 accounts and reducing impressions on this content to nearly zero.”
Both Musk and Roth said that none of Twitter’s policies have changed since the takeover.
Many people believe Musk will be reinstating former President Donald Trump’s account. He suggested that he might back in May.
“I do think it was not correct to ban Donald Trump, I think that was a mistake,” Musk said. “I would reverse the perma-ban. … But my opinion, and Jack Dorsey, I want to be clear, shares this opinion, is that we should not have perma-bans.”
Trump himself said that he is happy Twitter is now in “sane hands” following the Musk takeover but claimed he would not be returning to the platform.
“I don’t lose anything,” Trump said. “In other words, you know, they want to put me on very badly, they’ve called and they want me to go back on. But if I go on there, what would happen to Truth? I don’t know…But the answer is, I’m not doing it. I won’t go back on.”
Terry A. Hurlbut has been a student of politics, philosophy, and science for more than 35 years. He is a graduate of Yale College and has served as a physician-level laboratory administrator in a 250-bed community hospital. He also is a serious student of the Bible, is conversant in its two primary original languages, and has followed the creation-science movement closely since 1993.
-
Accountability4 days agoWaste of the Day: Principal Bought Lobster with School Funds
-
Civilization1 day agoWhy Europe Shouldn’t Be Upset at Trump’s Venezuelan Actions
-
Executive2 days agoHow Relaxed COVID-Era Rules Fueled Minnesota’s Biggest Scam
-
Constitution3 days agoTrump, Canada, and the Constitutional Problem Beneath the Bridge
-
Christianity Today1 day agoSurprising Revival: Gen Z Men & Highly Educated Lead Return to Religion
-
Civilization2 days agoThe End of Purple States and Competitive Districts
-
Executive2 days agoWaste of the Day: Can You Hear Me Now?
-
Civilization5 days agoThe Conundrum of President Donald J. Trump

