The “Question Evolution” campaign by Creation Ministries International gained a new ally recently: the Traditional Values Coalition.
What is the Question Evolution Campaign?
Creation Ministries International (CMI) created its “Question Evolution” campaign last spring. It is a direct attack on the standing doctrine that every child in the Western world hears in school, and especially in college. The most powerful ammunition: a set of tracts, titled “15 Questions for Evolutionists.” CMI asserts that no evolutionist has ever answered these questions satisfactorily. In fact, evolutionists reject some of these as irrelevant, because they cannot answer them:
- How and why did life begin?
- Where did the DNA code come from?
- How could mutations create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things, enough to fill ten Libraries of Congress?
- Why do science teachers teach natural selection as “evolution”? Natural selection selects. It does not create.
- What “selected” new biochemical pathways? Some of these have many enzymes working together in sequence.
- Living things bear the hallmarks of design. Why, if no one designed them?
- How did life move from single cells to many cells?
- When and how did living things start reproducing sexually?
- Why are the millions of “missing links” still missing?
- How do “living fossils” never change while so many other life forms changed radically? (The classic examples: coelacanth, horseshoe crab)
- How did blind chemistry create mind/intelligence, meaning and morality?
- Why do evolutionists tell “just-so” stories in their work?
- What scientific breakthroughs did evolutionary theory produce, that would never have come about without it? (Or: what makes evolution “the basis of all modern biology”?)
- Why do science teachers teach evolution as operational science? Operational science requires true experiment. Evolution does not use this. (And why do so many “scientists” reject any split between origins science and operational science?)
- Why do people accept and teach evolution as science when it cannot explain the evidence?
To be sure, some of these questions are “loaded.” That is, some questions contain asserted answers to other questions. But that’s why CMI publishes a tract for each of the 15 questions. In each tract, they take time to answer all the questions, both the overt and the hidden.
TVC jumps in
TVC is one of the US’ largest grassroots church lobbies, speaking on behalf of over 43,000 churches.
Add this: TVC does not shy away from controversy. They recently questioned some National Institutes of Health research grants.
As our country heads to fiscal ruin, why are we giving millions in taxpayer dollars to Chinese science — which benefits China and its institutions — when they hold more than $1 trillion in American debt?
TVC explained why they joined the Question Evolution campaign:
The creation vs. evolution issue is a core issue…The teaching of evolution (everything made itself without God) leads students to reject biblical authority/morality. [It] thus robs them of true meaning and purpose for their lives, found only in Jesus Christ.
The idea is to get high-school and college-age students asking themselves these questions now. Then, when they go back to school, they can ask their teachers these questions.
But these questions are also important to raise in church. Many churchmen believe in “theistic evolution.” That notion says that God guided evolution, though that process played out exactly as Charles Darwin and his successors laid it out. CMI and TVS want people to stop trying to reconcile the irreconcilable. And the best time to do this is when they’re young.
Featured image: Charles Darwin, seated.
[amazon_carousel widget_type=”ASINList” width=”500″ height=”250″ title=”” market_place=”US” shuffle_products=”True” show_border=”False” asin=”1878026097, 0890515077, 0310234697, 0875523382, 0890511586, B002RBHDFK, 0949906689, 0890513600, 089051416X, 0890515050″ /]
Terry A. Hurlbut has been a student of politics, philosophy, and science for more than 35 years. He is a graduate of Yale College and has served as a physician-level laboratory administrator in a 250-bed community hospital. He also is a serious student of the Bible, is conversant in its two primary original languages, and has followed the creation-science movement closely since 1993.
- Christianity Today
- Constitution 101
- Creation Corner
- Entertainment Today
- First Amendment
- Foundation of our Nation
- Guest Columns
- Human Interest
- Ignite the Pulpit
- Let's Talk
- Money matters
- Racial Issues
- Tea Party
- Trump elevator pitch
- World news
Media5 days ago
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade suffers slight interruption
Executive5 days ago
Trump – what do his enemies fear?
Constitution4 days ago
Biden descends to self-parody
Constitution3 days ago
Trump and the fearful losers
Civilization19 hours ago
Washington Post apologizes for terrorism, atrocity
Executive4 days ago
Is America Short of Heavy Weapons?
Civilization2 days ago
Time to Drawdown From Syria
Education3 days ago
College doesn’t prepare students to work – report