Obama, Democrats knew they were lying
Barack Obama promised repeatedly, “If you like your plan/doctor, you can keep your plan/doctor.” Many other prominent Democrats said the same. And they all knew they were lying. And many of them, in “safe” seats or not up for re-election, not only admit it but avow it today.
Obama knew he was lying
Newsmax.com summed up last night about Barack Obama and what he knew. They quote Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin). Senator Johnson laid it on the line: Obama did not merely shade the truth, or exaggerate. Obama knew what he was saying. And he said it to “sell [the] plan to a trusting public.” And to win, not only one election, but two. Liz Cheney, now looking to “primary” Senator Mike Enzi, R-Wyoming, put it more bluntly:
[H]e lied, and we’re all paying the price for it now. [He had to] know the truth.
Don’t just take their word for it. It’s in the Federal Register for June of 2010. Quote:
[B]etween 40 percent and 67 percent of policies are in effect for less than one year.
Forbes and NBC News both have reported recently about what Obama knew. Obama administration officials knew as early as 2010: 93 million people could lose their coverage.
Bear this in mind when Obama now says only five percent of Americans need worry.
Of course, in trumpeting that five-percent vaunt, Obama twists logic anyway. It’s called argumentum a numeris, or argument from the numbers. In this case, if a policy serves 95 percent of the people and serves them well, the other 5 percent are Orwellian unpersons, right? But this policy might serve many more than five percent singularly ill.
Democratic politicians knew they were lying
What’s more, they admit it!
Senator Kristen Gillibrand, D-New York, avowed it on Meet the (De)Press(ed) yesterday morning:
He should’ve just been specific. No, we all knew. The whole point of the plan is to cover things people need, like preventive care, birth control, pregnancy. How many women, the minute they get pregnant, might risk their coverage. How many women paid more because of their gender, because they might get pregnant. Those are the reforms.
(Hat tip: TruthRevolt. And kudos to them for the video clip below.)
Now preventive care might be a good thing, if it’s the right kind. But men don’t get pregnant. Why does an Obamacare plan for men cover this?
More to the point: Martha Raddatz, filling in for George Stephanopoulos, deserves the kudos for teasing that avowal out of the Senator. Congratulations. I never knew you, a Mainstream Media jockey, had it in you.
Now it’s all very well for Senators Kristen Gillibrand, Robert Menendez (D-New Jersey), Harry Reid (D-Nevada), and other (select) Democratic Senators to come straight out and avow that people’s insurance plans are better gone. They’re not up for re-election until 2016. If New Jersey activist RoseAnn Salanitri needed any further evidence to argue that United States Senators ought to be recallable in mid-term, now she has it.
Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) is also safe until 2016. But she has a different take from that of Gillibrand, Menendez, Reid, et al. Her take: if Barack Obama says something, he should keep his word. And she co-sponsored a bill by Senator Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana) to do just that. She thus offers an instructive counterexample to Senators who lie about a thing, then tell their constituents, in effect, that a Senator has a right to lie. Or a Representative. Witness Elijah Cummings, D-Maryland, or Frank Pallone and Bill Pascrell, both D-New Jersey.)ARVE Error: need id and provider
Terry A. Hurlbut has been a student of politics, philosophy, and science for more than 35 years. He is a graduate of Yale College and has served as a physician-level laboratory administrator in a 250-bed community hospital. He also is a serious student of the Bible, is conversant in its two primary original languages, and has followed the creation-science movement closely since 1993.
- Christianity Today
- Constitution 101
- Creation Corner
- Entertainment Today
- First Amendment
- Foundation of our Nation
- Guest Columns
- Human Interest
- Ignite the Pulpit
- Let's Talk
- Money matters
- Racial Issues
- Tea Party
- Trump elevator pitch
- World news
Executive4 days ago
Biden administration: just say anything!
Judicial5 days ago
Jack Daniels and VIP company go to Supreme Court over dog toy
Creation Corner4 days ago
Oumuamua – object of speculation
News4 days ago
Macron criticized for removing expensive watch during pensions debate
News4 days ago
China, US Navy spar over guided-missile destroyer in South China Sea
Executive3 days ago
Trump prosecution disappointment
Executive2 days ago
DeSantis losing key support
Executive4 days ago
Ron DeSantis’ donors and allies question if he’s ready for 2024
[…] Obama, Democrats knew they were lying Go to this article […]
Ted Foster liked this on Facebook.
David Sullivan liked this on Facebook.