Why are Christian Zionists more “Zionistic” than many Jews, including many Jews living in Israel? A simple but correct answer is this: Christian Zionists believe in the Divine origin of the Bible.
Setting up secularism in Israel
This belief was erased from the minds of many Israelis by the secular Zionists that re-established the state of Israel in 1948. The key founder was David Ben-Gurion, a self-professed atheist.
To maintain their power in a country whose majority was either orthodox or conservative Jews, the secularists had to undermine the religious convictions, especially of the influx of Jews coming from Europe, Iraq, Iran, etc. This they did in three basic ways.
- By secularizing education.
- By controlling the job market.
- By designing a political system by which MKs are not elected by and accountable to the voters in constituency elections – the system operative in Israel to this day, and which is the basic cause of the anti-Zionist and anti-Jewish policy of “land for peace,” a policy that constitutes the political “religion” of Benjamin Netanyahu since he was elected PM in 1995.
This electoral system fragments the electorate. It prevents the formation of a majority party seriously dedicated to Zionism and Judaism. BB and his Likud predecessors have never come close to winning such a majority. BB has never represented that majority.
Roughly 70 percent of the Jews in this country are Orthodox or Conservative, and this majority does not genuflect to “Land for peace,” as this writer has demonstrated by analyzing polls since Oslo 1993.
These Jews are not stupid. The policy of “land for peace” is BB’s religion, not that of most Jews in Israel. This religion is sustained by Israel’s fragmenting electoral system.
True, the media is predominantly left-wing. Indeed, even editors of the Jerusalem Post march to the tune of the electoral system, which makes the entire country a single district in which more than 30 parties compete for Knesset seats via Proportional Representation (PR).
This system is shunned by the world’s 80+ democracies, as I have demonstrated by an exhaustive survey and publish occasionally to awaken benighted Israelis, to say nothing of political scientists who lack the oomph or neurons to expose and delineate the undemocratic nature of Israel’s political system, despite its “one adult-one vote” principle.
This principle, along with PR, conceals the fraud that dominates Israel.◙
Epilog: Ponder Deeply the Following
- Has its Democratic reputation enhanced Israel’s security?
- Conversely, hasn’t its democratic reputation prompted nations, as well as Israeli Prime Ministers such as Ariel Sharon and Netanyahu, to make territorial concessions to Israel’s enemy, concessions no democratic would dare ask of its people?
CATEGORY:Ignite the Pulpit
- Christianity Today
- Constitution 101
- Creation Corner
- Entertainment Today
- First Amendment
- Foundation of our Nation
- Guest Columns
- Human Interest
- Ignite the Pulpit
- Let's Talk
- Money matters
- Racial Issues
- Tea Party
- Trump elevator pitch
- World news
News4 days ago
WaPo: Trump is now in a ‘simmering rivalry’ with DeSantis
Executive4 days ago
Nord Stream – sabotage
Executive3 days ago
Jackie Walorski at top of mind
Executive2 days ago
The ONLY Issue in the 2022 Election is Voter Fraud
Let's Talk5 days ago
Edward Snowden, Russian citizen
Guest Columns5 days ago
America’s future: the case for optimism
Accountability4 days ago
Rep. Stefanik rejects claims of division in GOP, accuses Democrats of ‘creating crises across this country’
Legislative2 days ago
AOC, make up your mind!