Proverbs 6:16 says, “There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to Him.” Verses 17-19 go on to list those “Detestable Sins.” In reviewing them – remember it is God who calls them detestable and sins – I thought about who might be found guilty of committing them. One name came to mind: Al Sharpton.
Seven detestable sins – and how we know Al Sharpton commits them
- Haughty Eyes. Haughty also means Proud, Arrogant, Conceited and Self-Important. Is Mr. Sharpton guilty of this sin? The answer is a resounding YES! Every time he steps in front of a camera or microphone he projects himself as the voice of the entire Black race. His arrogance and conceit allow him to freely employ the second Detestable Sin in order to remain relevant as a self-proclaimed black leader…
- A Lying Tongue. Mr. Sharpton’s message is that blacks are being kept down by white privilege; white cops; white racists; white elephants; white water and by both white snow and Snow White. This is, however, not a joking matter. His lies permeate fear, hatred and retribution which have led to the third Detestable Sin…
- Hands That Shed Innocent Blood. Mr. Sharpton may not be directly guilty of this sin. He may not have shed blood himself; however, he is indirectly guilty. All the lies he spews cause racial divide, which leads to anger, which leads to violence, which leads to the shedding of innocent blood. Mr. Sharpton’s actions and words are no doubt indirectly responsible for the assassination of police officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu. (How ironic neither officer was white, showing that once violence is released it knows no bounds.) Mr. Sharpton is also guilty of the fourth Detestable Sin…
- A Heart That Devises Wicked Schemes. While I cannot look into Mr. Sharpton’s heart, only God can, I believe he employs wicked schemes to create divisiveness. Wicked because they result in the opposite of what God seeks for His people. Indulging in this sin leads Mr. Sharpton to the fifth Detestable Sin…
- Feet That Are Quick to Rush Into Evil. Look at what happens every time there is an opportunity for him to show his self-importance and you see this sin also describes Mr. Sharpton. Wherever there is a problem involving blacks and whites, regardless of where, he is Johnnie on the Spot. He’s the first to proclaim everything is racism, facts be damned. And that is where the sixth Detestable Sin comes in…
- A False Witness Who Pours Out Lies. When he witnesses to crowds it is to stir them up, not to seek peace and understanding. Mr. Sharpton is most assuredly guilty of this sin which is connected to the seventh and last Detestable Sin…
- A Man Who Stirs Up Dissension Among Brothers. Proverbs sees all Israelites as Brothers. Mr. Sharpton does not see all Americans as bothers. Rather, he increases his self-importance when he stirs up dissension among black brothers, and between brothers of all skin color. “Reverend” is a title of respect given to those who spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Mr. Sharpton does just the opposite making him unworthy of such a title. I pray he comes to understand that pride is the fall of many a man – and that calling yourself reverend does not make you a man of God.
Reprinted from Tea Party Advocacy Tracking Hub
- Christianity Today
- Constitution 101
- Creation Corner
- Entertainment Today
- First Amendment
- Foundation of our Nation
- Guest Columns
- Human Interest
- Ignite the Pulpit
- Let's Talk
- Money matters
- Racial Issues
- Tea Party
- Trump elevator pitch
- World news
Guest Columns4 days ago
Saturday’s Radio Show Censored For Exposing The Mainstream Media’s Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out Be True! (Video)
Constitution4 days ago
Merrick Garland brags about Trump raid
Executive5 days ago
President Biden signs $280 billion CHIPS and Science Act to boost semi-conductor production in U.S.
Legislative3 days ago
Liz Cheney – third 2024 candidate?
News3 days ago
Georgia’s Brian Kemp seeks tax breaks amid ‘unforeseen jumps in property values and local tax bills’
Constitution2 days ago
Standing order to declassify?
Constitution5 days ago
FBI, step aside!
Legislative14 hours ago
Kansas to recount abortion amendment vote