The only law-enforcement officer to investigate the Obama eligibility question is in the clear. On Friday, the US Department of Justice dropped their case against Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Arizona.
Lack of evidence
USA Today first reported the story yesterday. An assistant US Attorney in Phoenix sent out a three-paragraph press release at 5:00 p.m. Arizona time. (Arizona keeps Mountain Standard Time year-round.) That press release looked like typical “Friday afternoon document-dump boilerplate.” But the AUSA said more in a letter to the Maricopa County Attorney.
The federal authorities were investigating complaints of:
- Breach of civil rights
- Misuse of public funds
And the AUSA admitted that the federal authorities could not prove any of it. Part of the problem: these were criminal complaints. The standard of proof in a criminal case is “beyond a reasonable doubt and to a moral certainty.”
Arpaio, speaking publicly, said this:
If I had done something wrong, there would be indictments all over the place.
Obama eligibility and other motives
The Obama eligibility matter was only one motive to act. Much of the pressure to investigate Joe Arpaio was local. WND‘s Jerome Corsi shared the details. The case started with a scandal involving the building of a new courthouse. It got uglier when federal authorities had two more reasons to quash Sheriff Arpaio:
- Sheriff Arpaio opened the only Obama eligibility investigation in the country. He used his Cold Case Posse, which funds itself on donations and voluntary time.
- Sheriff Arpaio also refused to stop deporting illegal aliens he caught in his county.
Tad Cronn at Godfather Politics put it this way: “Staredown at OK Corral.” (Actually, Tombstone, Arizona is in Cochise County, not Maricopa.)
Everyone familiar with federal and Maricopa County politics expects Sheriff Joe to:
- Stay on as sheriff (and win re-election this fall),
- Be a lasting thorn in the side for Attorney General Eric Holder and other opponents, national and local.
- National security
- Arpaio in Florida
- Eligibility and American common law, part 2
- Suspending American common law, part 1
- NJ appeal rejected
- Judicial embarrassment
- Posse on warpath
- Arpaio wants proof
- Public appeal hearing
- Kenyan born Obama narrative
- Arpaio won’t quit
- Birth settled?
- Arpaio posse in Hawaii
- New Jersey appeal
- Kenya question
- $2 million
- Media pressure
- Natural-born citizen
- Obama eligibility: NJ ALJ makes new law
- Obama eligibility: NJ ALJ ducks issues
- Obama eligibility witnesses: Clinton campaign
- Obama eligibility challenge in New Jersey
- Obama: who is he?
- Obama birth certificate details
- Obama birth certificate petition
- Obama eligibility battle in Arizona legislature
- Obama birth certificate still suspect
- Obama born in Kenya?
- Presidential succession crisis
- Does anybody really know what time it is?
- Obama birth certificate investigation
- Obama birth certificate fraud analysis
- Obama birth certificate fraud
- Natural born citizen: what that means
- Obama eligibility: reactions to ruling
- Obama eligibility: flawed ruling
- Obama eligibility challenges multiply
- Obama eligibility challenges explode
- Obama eligibility challenges go forward
- Obama birth certificate does not satisfy
- Obama releases official-looking birth certificate
[amazon_carousel widget_type=”ASINList” width=”500″ height=”250″ title=”” market_place=”US” shuffle_products=”True” show_border=”False” asin=”B00375LOEG, 0451947673, 0800733940, 0062073303, 1595230734, 1936218003, 0981559662, 1935071874, 1932172378, 1936488299″ /]
Terry A. Hurlbut has been a student of politics, philosophy, and science for more than 35 years. He is a graduate of Yale College and has served as a physician-level laboratory administrator in a 250-bed community hospital. He also is a serious student of the Bible, is conversant in its two primary original languages, and has followed the creation-science movement closely since 1993.
- Christianity Today
- Constitution 101
- Creation Corner
- Entertainment Today
- First Amendment
- Foundation of our Nation
- Guest Columns
- Human Interest
- Ignite the Pulpit
- Let's Talk
- Money matters
- Racial Issues
- Tea Party
- Trump elevator pitch
- World news
News4 days ago
WaPo: Trump is now in a ‘simmering rivalry’ with DeSantis
Executive3 days ago
Nord Stream – sabotage
Executive2 days ago
Jackie Walorski at top of mind
Executive2 days ago
The ONLY Issue in the 2022 Election is Voter Fraud
News5 days ago
Florida governor signs executive order aimed at protecting national security by securing user data
Let's Talk4 days ago
Edward Snowden, Russian citizen
Guest Columns4 days ago
America’s future: the case for optimism
Accountability4 days ago
Rep. Stefanik rejects claims of division in GOP, accuses Democrats of ‘creating crises across this country’